The Zhejiang University MAE Program is affiliated to the agricultural economics and management studies at the School of Public Affairs, Zhejiang University, which provides strong faculty and academic resources for students in the MAE program. Over three rounds of national first-class discipline evaluation in 2003, 2006 and 2012, Zhejiang University's agricultural economics and management studies ranked first. During the fourth round of national first-class discipline evaluation in December 2017, the discipline of agricultural economics and management was scored A+ and won “the national double first-class construction discipline.”
The Zhejiang University MAE Program aims to train high-level talents who can master theories and tools in economics, sociology, management and development planning to analyze rural development issues and address practical problems for the government, government-affiliated institutions, scientific research institutions and social organizations.
(1) Professionalism and good professional ethics, with a sense of social responsibility to serve the cause of rural development in China.
(2) Familiarity with current situations and development trends in the field of rural development; master in the theories, methods and tools of rural development to correctly understand and analyze practical problems; and ability to independently perform practical work in the field of rural development.
(3) Fluency in a foreign language (generally English) and ability to read and summarize Chinese and foreign documents in the field of rural development.
Introduction to Dialectics of Nature
Research on the theory and practice of socialism with Chinese characteristics
Basic English skills for Postgraduates
Postgraduate English ability improvement
Social survey and research methods
Rural development planning
Rural public management
Development theory and practice
Modern agricultural innovation and Rural Revitalization Strategy
Graduate thesis writing guidance
Theory and practice of agricultural extension
Analysis of rural public policy
Poverty alleviation and development in rural areas
Agricultural resources and regional development
Marketing management of agricultural products
Every postgraduate student is required to complete a reading report or present a seminar 4 times during the semester, at least once in the academic forum of the discipline. This requirement is valued with 2 credits.
At least 6 months' professional practice experience required.
Students are required to conduct a thesis proposal review at the end of the first academic year or the beginning of the second academic year. Under normal circumstances, students should complete a thesis proposal defense in the following academic year. The interval between the thesis proposal and the final thesis defense shall be at least 6 months. For details, please refer to “The implementation rules of thesis proposal of postgraduates of School of Public Affairs, Zhejiang University.”
Graduation and award criteria:
1. Complete all required courses and meet the minimum course credit requirements for this program.
2. Complete all training and meet relevant requirements.
3. Pass thesis defense.
Zhejiang ICP No. 05074421 Copyright 2005-2015.